Saturday, June 17, 2017

Entering In: Day 15

Word Count: 90,028

Summary of Events:
Levi watched a YouTube video that showed what happened after the horse standing in for Sweet Sister had been led away, which included a comment by Eric's dad about possibly selling her. Hadia had a rather thought-provoking conversation with her grandpa, brought on by their having a fire outdoors and memories of camping. Traeton arrived home from another day of community service work and met his new roommate; they quickly got talking about why they were both at the halfway house . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
""What happened?" Monty asked.
"I stole an old lady's purse that happened to contain a grand in cash," Traeton replied.
Monty swore again. "You hit the motherlode! What were y'gonna use it for?"
"Food," Traeton replied.
"Just food?" Monty asked.
"That's all I need," Traeton replied.
"Really?" Monty asked.
"Well, when you're living on your own for five years without a job things get kind of hungry," Traeton replied. "And it's painful trying to fight a flock of seagulls and crows for every bite."
"Oh," Monty said. "So why're y'on yer own?"
"Because I ran away from home," Traeton replied.
"Hated yer old man?" Monty asked.
"The man who was pretending to be him, yeah," Traeton replied.
"Y'mean yer ma weren't married to yer old man?" Monty asked.
"No," Traeton replied. "I don't even know who he is. Mom didn't even know."
"So did you have plans to do somethin' other than run around lookin' for food and shelter?" Monty asked.
"Well, it kind of all depends," Traeton replied. "The thing is, my stepdad hates my guts so much he's out to kill me."
Monty swore. "Wow."
"Once he's dead or safely locked away for good I might try doing something," Traeton said. "Unless I find a place where I'm safely far enough away from him."
"Ah," Monty said.
"Which is why I want to try and get out of here," Traeton said.
"I don't follow," Monty said.
"My name was published when I was tried because I'm old enough, so my stepdad knows where I am and can come and kill me," Traeton replied.
"Oh," Monty said. "And y'can't just ditch?"
"No," Traeton replied, pulling up his pant leg to reveal the monitor.
Monty nodded. "I know those, that's actually why I'm here."
"What do you mean?" Traeton asked.
"Well, I went and robbed some rich people at gunpoint because I wanted some money for these," Monty said, indicating his inked arm. "And I got caught and locked up for awhile, and then they gave me one'a those things when they put me out on parole, but I got it off and ran again, so they caught me, locked me up again — mainly because I stole a car to get away — and now here I am, but I'm under supposed twenty four hour surveillance."
"Oh," Traeton said. "How did you get out of this?"
"I can show y'if y'want," Monty said. "But not now, let's give it a little time, y'know?"
"I want to get out of here as soon as I can," Traeton said.
"I know, I know," Monty said. "But y'can't be too stupid about these things, y'wanna have a plan in place and stuff, y'cant just jump'n run."
"So then what're we going to do?" Traeton asked.
"We're goin't go outside," Monty replied, standing up.
"Why?" Traeton asked.
"Because I need a smoke," Monty replied."

No comments:

Post a Comment