Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Chasing the Unknown: Day 20

Word Total: 120,000

Year to Date: 420,043

Summary of Events:
Hammy led the interrogation of Dong Rhee and got a confession without all that much difficulty. He, Vera, Agent Lupei, and Z were invited to an exhibition where the gemologists unveiled the painite to the public due to their involvement in bringing the painite to the gemologists . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
""That was one of the most painful exhibitions I've ever experienced in my entire life," Hammy startled to see Z emerging from the hall. "That unveiling was far too much and I can tell you were fed up with up."
"Anyone should know better than to call someone over the age of twenty a boy," Hammy spat.
"Or a girl," Vera said.
"Yes, I heard," Z said. "Everything else up to that point was exemplary and professional, but I think someone who is a little more tactful and skilled with speeches should've been giving the introduction, and some of that they could've written up and given away as a handout too."
"And some of it was just for the sort of people who are interested in those sorts of things," Hammy said. "I mean, I don't mind a little bit of complex science every now and again, but even I'm not interested in the molecular structure of rocks."
"Are you interested in going back to Asia?" Z asked.
"Why?" Hammy asked.
"I'm just asking," Z replied.
Hammy shifted his jaw sceptically. He was pretty sure Z wasn't that flippant with words that he'd just ask random questions like that, there was a specific purpose to the query.
"Just him?" Vera asked.
"No," Z replied. "I'm asking this of the two of you."
"What part of Asia?" Hammy asked.
"Japan most likely," Z replied. "But nothing says that you'll stay there."
"Something uncovered in your surveillance I would presume?" Vera asked.
Z smiled. "Yes."
"What is it?" Vera asked.
"That's classified," Z replied. "But, despite my surveillance yielding nothing that was of any particular benefit to the case you just finished investigating, I've found something else for the two of you to do where I think your skill set would be of benefit."
"Do you think it might have any ties to some of the things that we uncovered in this investigation?" Hammy asked.
"We'll discuss that when the two of you report to me tomorrow morning," Z replied.
"What time?" Hammy asked.
"I don't know," Z replied. "I'll let you know tomorrow morning."
"You don't want to have to start timing me now?" Hammy asked, smiling.
"I really don't need to time you," Z said. "It's always three minutes and seven seconds.""

Once again, I am also pleased to announce that I am a 
and I hope that you'll all come back on April 29 for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment