Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Challenging: Day 3

Word Count: 18,008

Summary of Events:
Gabrielle went out to meet Reid when he came home surprisingly early and found out he was fired, and right mad about it; with difficulty she managed to soothe him. Nicholas made advances to Megin again, but she was reluctant due to the mess they'd caused last time, and so they agreed to find a new location. After worship practise Jennifer went to her mother's place to get Daniella and Dylan, who profusely complained at the departure, prompting Jennifer to pull into a parking lot to smarten them up; she discovered Nicholas' SUV in the parking lot, went in the hotel, and found him and Megin together; she and Nicholas then got into an argument before cops summoned by the hotel staff came in to break it up. Reid was out having a drink when Michael arrived; overwhelmed by anger, Reid hauled Michael out to his truck . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
"Despite the strength of the temptation to floor it, Reid managed to restrain himself and drive at the posted speed limits as he wound his way toward the outskirts of Kelowna in search of a good hiding place.
"You don't seem to take a little innocent razzing well," Michael said. "I mean, it's all in fun, right?"
"No," Reid replied flatly.
"And why not?" Michael asked. "I mean, so you're a little crazy, is that a big deal?"
"I am not crazy, and I will not be told I'm crazy, nor will I be fired for lying by lies," Reid snapped. "You wouldn't have lost your job if you would've told the truth, you would only have been reprimanded for being the bully you are."
"I'm not a bully," Michael replied.
"Then why wouldn't you shut up about what I choose to do with my life?" Reid demanded. "It's not like it affects you."
"Because it's impossible," Michael replied.
"So you think," Reid muttered. "Or maybe you're just jealous of me being so smart."
"Jealous?" Michael laughed. "Why would I be jealous of some uninspired simpleton like you? You're not even going to be able to get out of debt! It's all just a pipe dream."
"Only if you're going to keep ruining my life," Reid growled as he roughly came to a stop. "But I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen."
"By dumping me in the middle of the Okanagan Valley?" Michael asked. "Yeah right, I'm born and bred here as much as you are."
"You think you're going to see tomorrow morning," Reid muttered to himself as he got out of his truck. Striding around, he opened the passenger door and hauled Michael out.
"What did you say?" Michael asked.
Reid reached behind the passenger seat and flipped up the back seat. He found something cool and hard. He didn't know what it was, nor did he care. It would work, and that was all that mattered.
"What are you doing with that?" Michael asked, his eyes going wide.
"Getting rid of you," Reid replied lowly.
"No! No! You can't do that! I have a wedding to plan! I have my whole life ahead of me!" Michael cried.
"You forfeited that," Reid growled.
"Alright! Fine! I'll admit it! I am jealous! I don't want you to succeed! It's bad enough you've got the hottest woman in all of Canada as your wife! I want to be able to gloat to you about something!" Michael cried.
Reid shook his head and swung the rod in his hand at Michael's head. Michael went limp and looked stunned. Reid swung the rod again, letting go of Michael. Michael vomited onto the grass and looked completely dazed.
Wrapping both hands around the rod, Reid swung it at Michael's head repeatedly until Michael dropped to the ground, and then on until he started to bleed. Reid then dropped the rod and stared at Michael. Kneeling down, he checked the pulse. There was none. Nodding with satisfaction, he got back into his truck and left."

No comments:

Post a Comment