Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Ramifications: Day 7

Word Count: 42,002

Summary of Events:
Lachlan attempted to get some clues as to the whereabouts of the individual who stole the drugs from him, to no avail. Dom returned to Brisbane and had to tell off a couple of magazine photographers before he got home. Lachlan managed to intercept some of the same type of drug that he'd lost from the gang he'd lost it to, but had it proved to be of inferior quality, forcing him to go out and look for more, but before he could even leave the vicinity building he encountered a fellow gang member of lower rank . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
""Do you know of any Club Brisbane Hen transfers?" Lachlan asked.
"If I did I wouldn't tell you," the rider replied.
"Why not?" Lachlan demanded.
"Because I'd want to sabotage them and maybe I'd be considered as special as you are, apparently," the rider spat. "Not that you do anything other than sit on that stupid custom bike while Angie sings your praises for doing nothing."
Lachlan set his jaw and glowered at the rider. "I need that sort of information."
"What?" the rider demanded. "So you can sabotage them and look even more special?"
"I need that sort of information if I want to stay alive," Lachlan replied.
"Oh," the rider said, tipping his head to the side in surprise. "You bungled something."
In spite of the helmet obscuring the rider's face, Lachlan could hear the smile in his voice. He said nothing.
"Won't it be nice to have you gone," the rider said.
"Will it?" Lachlan asked.
"Why wouldn't it be nice?" the rider asked. "After all, you're not special, you're just some random whelp from Sydney."
"You could lose out on a promotion," Lachlan said.
The rider scoffed. "How?"
"If you help me, and help me properly, I could recommend you for a promotion," Lachlan replied. "After all, I have Angelo's ear easier than anyone else in this group. If I say someone did a good job he'll believe me, even if Harrison and them would disagree with me."
"Like you'd actually recommend me for a promotion," the rider scoffed.
"Why wouldn't I?" Lachlan asked. "My life is on the line here, Harrison's threatened it twice already. If you help me in the way I need help I'd owe my life to you, and I'd immediately recommend you for a promotion. It's only if you don't help me that you should be worried."
"Why?" the rider asked.
"I could call up Angelo now," Lachlan said. "Tell him you're the laziest member of this gang I've ever met. I could even say you set up my bungle. Then you'd be dead, and there'd be no more promotions."
The rider was silent.
"I have that kind of power," Lachlan said. "And if you value your life you'd help me."
Still the rider was silent.
Lachlan drew out his mobile.
"What are you doing?" the rider asked.
"Calling Angelo," Lachlan replied.
"You want information on Hen transfers," the rider said.
Lachlan let a bit of a smile show outwardly, and smiled ear to ear inwardly. "Yes."
"I don't know of any currently, but I'll keep my ears open," the rider replied.
"And your name so that I can keep in contact," Lachlan said.
"Justin," the rider replied.
"As soon as you hear of a Club Brisbane Hen transfer, you tell me," Lachlan said.
Justin nodded and slipped in through the back door.
Lachlan smiled as he watched the door close. Success."

No comments:

Post a Comment