Friday, September 11, 2015

Shadows Disinterred: Day 10

Word Count: 60,010

Summary of Events:
After spending his weekend with a local waitress and attending a niece's birthday party at which he met three of his half siblings for the first time, Dallas called the number from the advertisement on Monday and spoke to Debbie, who interviewed him under the alias of Devon Klein for the job. Monday evening Dallas was called back and told by Debbie he had the job. On Tuesday Dallas and two fellow officers of the detachment along with investigating officers from all of the other detachments that had jurisdiction over some of the cases discussed their plan of action.

Excerpt of the Day:
""Any instructions for us while we wait?" an officer Dallas was pretty sure was Stephen Lofgren asked.
"Read over your cases," Dallas replied. "I'll get the closed cases returned back to their respective detachments once Ireland makes copies of them for reference here being as we're kind of in charge overall. If you can, talk with the victims' families — although I'll warn Leipzig and Wakaw that the Yoden and Kruse families were not very cooperative when I contacted them — try and get descriptions of what things the victims took with them if you can; I would even encourage you to memorize the cases if you can, that way we won't have to cart files around, not to mention, I don't want any details missed. Capital punishment is unfortunately no longer an option, so we want all the evidence we can to land these women in prison for the rest of their lives without any chance of parole, we want them convicted for all of the victims, without a doubt."
"And once we get the call to go up to St. Brieux?" another officer asked.
Dallas looked contemplatively at his screen saver. "We'll have to see how soon after their arrest investigation will begin," he replied. "Being as these are serial killers, as much as I'm optimistic that I'm going to get out unscathed, I'm not going to let myself guarantee that, this is dangerous. So, being as I'm kind of in charge because I found the breakthrough evidence, if I get injured, I wouldn't mind if you'd wait until I get out of the hospital so I can at least see everything, I've spent a couple of months on this already, and I don't want to miss seeing if this all connects, and any new discoveries we might come upon."
Blake and Angela both looked at Dallas, serious and focused.
"I think once the arrests are made and we're all ready we could meet in St. Brieux for a debriefing and then go out to the farm and start looking from there," Dallas continued. "I will let the detachment with jurisdiction organize a lot more of those efforts because they'll be holding all of this evidence, not to mention the trial's probably going to take place in the area."
Dallas went silent again. He felt uncomfortable about broaching the last possibility, but he felt it had to be broached, it was a legitimate risk.
"Alright then, so we'll all wait for the alert," one of the officers said.
"If it happens that no one hears anything from me for more than two months, you have the location, move in and arrest them," Dallas said. "It is a real risk, as much as I hope it doesn't come to pass. Also, if I succeed in escaping, but succumb, move in, arrest them, and follow the instructions of the presiding detachment.""

No comments:

Post a Comment