Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Derailment: Day 14

Word Count: 84,010

Summary of Events:
Fox Paw listened as Matthew read her the end of Exodus and began into Leviticus, but it was all law, so she asked him to skip over that just to the action parts, which moved them forward to Numbers. Matthew thought about how he wanted to go on, and yet he didn't feel he should leave, and finally realized it wasn't supposed to be about what he wanted. Fox Paw was finally forced to admit to her mother that Matthew had not died, but was indeed still alive. Matthew thought about what he should do now that he was planning on staying longer than he could foresee, and then talked with Fox Paw about her worries.

Excerpt of the Day:
""I worry for you possibly be kill true this time," Rebecca replied.
"Do they know I survived?" Matthew asked.
"No," Rebecca replied. "Aside from mother."
"Then why do you fear?" Matthew asked.
"They may see you," Rebecca replied. "And you need move sheltered place for winter, they see and know you live."
"I have thought much about the same thing, being as I am staying here for a long time yet," Matthew said.
"How long you stay?" Rebecca asked.
"As long as God says I must," Matthew replied. "And I know not the length of time, for God has not told me."
"Mother say not safe you stay much long time," Rebecca said. "Men find out, look for kill you."
"God has spared my life from their hand," Matthew replied. "He will not let my life be taken until I have done what He asks of me, no matter what adversities will come upon me between now and then, even more threats on my life and beatings."
"You of great courage," Rebecca said. "You have heart of wolf."
Matthew smiled. "I have courage which comes through faith. There is One greater than I who will see me through everything that comes before me, I am not on my own, and I never will be."
Rebecca nodded. "I much wish have such courage."
"You can," Matthew said. "If you will trust in God."
Rebecca looked down at the cooking dough, silent. Matthew felt a lift inside himself at Rebecca's admission that she longed for such courage as he had — although he didn't feel particularly courageous.
"Is what you believe same as what my father believes?" Rebecca asked.
"No," Matthew replied. "What your father believes is a corrupt mixture of what I believe and what you believe with the Spirits."
"What corrupt be?" Rebecca asked.
"Not good," Matthew replied. "It is evil."
"Why it evil and corrupt?" Rebecca asked.
"Because God is not at all like the Spirits, so to worship Him with things for the worshipping of Spirits is displeasing to Him; He is not to be worshipped like the Spirits, and yet your father and others worship him like their forefathers have worshipped Spirits, which God does not like," Matthew replied. "They believe in a distortion of God, and when they die they will be condemned to the lake of burning sulphur, and they will not enter the presence of God for the abominations they have committed before Him."
"Mother think they same," Rebecca said.
"No," Matthew replied. "They are not. That is why your father and I got into our argument, and that is why they tried to kill me; because they believe a lie, and they refuse to face the truth that they cannot worship God any way they want. There are specific things that God requires and detests, and mingling worship between Him and other gods is one of the worst abominations a person can commit against God.""

No comments:

Post a Comment