Friday, July 10, 2015

Transformation Beginning: Day 9

Word Count: 54,016

Summary of Events:
Joseph watched as the Broncos played Prince Albert — Chalmers and his linemates accumulating twelve points combined with over twenty minutes still left in the game. Chalmers went to the diner to find out where Alizabeth was and found she was back at work; she explained to him what had caused her shock and had him help her make wings for wing night. Chalmers invited all of the Broncos to come to wing night, so Alizabeth served them all and learned Chalmers' nickname.

Excerpt of the Day:
""I think I'll take the bacon wrapped," Brandon said. "No– the spicy bacon wrapped."
Alizabeth nodded and took it down.
"I think I'll take the Asian," Alexander said. "Is it spicy?"
"Yes," Alizabeth replied. "The pineapple is a milder version if you'd like."
"Nah," Alexander said.
"I think I'll have the caramel ones," Tyler said.
"Seriously!?" Justin exclaimed, looking wide-eyed at the menu.
"I think I'll take the honey garlic ones," William said.
"There's potato chip wings!?" Justin exclaimed. "How does that even work?"
"The chips are used in the breading," Alizabeth replied.
"I'm totally taking ketchup potato chip!" Justin said.
"And I guess that leaves you for this table," Alizabeth said, looking at Micker.
"I don't know," he said, looking at the menu. "I think I'll try the caramel bacon wrapped, and if nothing else we can all trade wings between each other and try them all."
"The benefits of dining with friends," Brandon said, smiling a smile that looked deliberately corny. Alizabeth had a feeling he was a bit of a clown.
"Any drinks?" Alizabeth asked.
Most of them asked for water — including Zachary, which Alizabeth bit her lip at, water only made the spice worse, he might be crying by the end of the night.
"Should I bring ranch just in case?" Alizabeth asked.
"We'll ask for it if we want it," Micker replied.
Alizabeth nodded and moved on to the next table, introducing herself and asking for the orders. No one at the second table of Broncos ordered the fire alarm wings, they order the more conservative flavours.
"Oh, and should I do individual bills?" Alizabeth asked, catching Micker's eye to make sure he heard.
Everyone agreed she should, which Alizabeth made note of before she felt hands come to rest on her abdomen and lips gently kiss the corner of her jaw. She could see several of the players at the tables in front of her looking with wide eyes.
"So this is where you work?" Cole asked.
Alizabeth startled and pulled away. "Cole! Don't do that! I'm working!"
"I'm sorry," Cole said, looking at her sympathetically. "I just thought that being as you'd so pleasantly surprise me by being here that I'd pleasantly surprise you in return."
"Well, thank you," Alizabeth said. "Now sit down and pick your order so I can get you all your wings."
Cole sat down and one of the players from the second table leaned over to him.
"Apparently Micker dared Zach to order the fire alarm spicy wings with no ranch and a double garnish of jalapeños, and eat it without milk, and he's daring anyone else who wants to to do it."
"I'll do it," Cole said. "You got that?"
"Yes," Alizabeth replied, writing it down.
"I'll do it too," another player said.
"I didn't think you were one for spice Kev," one of the others said.
"I might as well have some excitement in my life, being as I'm not playing," Kev replied."

Please Note: I have an all-day engagement tomorrow and will thus be unable to write, so the next post will be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment