Thursday, July 16, 2015

Transformation Beginning: Day 13

Word Count: 78,007

Summary of Events:
While on a road trip the Broncos played in Brandon and Chalmers ended up putting a Brandon player through the glass on a hit, which allowed him to confiscate a derogatory poster, and also lose his helmet. Alizabeth discussed her choices for the future with Krystal, who encouraged Bible School; several days later Chalmers came in and she tried to apologize to him again, but he left, leaving Alizabeth in turmoil. Chalmers then did an interview with the Broncos colour man.

Excerpt of the Day:
""Now is this related to the helmet-stealing?" the colour man asked.
"Yes," Chalmers replied.
"After you got your helmet back, why did you still leave the game?" the colour man asked.
"Because the thief ripped the foam out of it," Chalmers replied.
"Oh," the colour man said. "Did the thief apologize?"
"No," Chalmers replied. "And due to his obstinacy I've elected to press charges against him for attempted robbery and the trial has been scheduled for the middle of June."
"Is it really that important, being as your helmet's now been repaired?" the colour man asked.
"Yes," Chalmers replied. "Robbing is wrong, and even attempting to rob shouldn't be excusable — especially if the robber refuses to apologize for what he did. If he would've apologized I might've been inclined to let him go; but he didn't. Although I'm only intending to give him the minimum, mainly due to the inconvenience he caused, my helmet isn't so valuable as to require me to get him in there for life or anything like that."
"Now, this does all lend to discussion of what you did in Brandon, I guess technically the year before last," the colour man said. "Are you willing to talk about that?"
"I am," Chalmers replied.
"Well, what happened?" the colour man asked.
"You know what happened," Chalmers replied. "And I'm sure it's easily accessible to anyone who doesn't know what happened."
"Alright then, why did it happen?" the colour man asked.
"Because I reacted wrongly," Chalmers replied, causing the colour man to startle. "I cannot justify my actions, neither can I undo the, but I can explain why I did them, and also what I ought to have done differently."
The colour man was too stunned to say anything and waved Chalmers on. . .
. . . "What I did in Brandon is the whole reason Coach Charles and I don't have the sunniest of relations," Chalmers replied. "It's the whole reason I'm on the third line, it's the whole reason there was a poster for me to burn, it's the whole reason my draft rankings plunged from one to out of the draft. I know it was wrong of me to do, but I can't undo it now, just like Dany Heatley and Craig MacTavish can't undo what they did; nor can anyone else who's done something wrong. People seem to be able to forgive and forget what Heatley and MacTavish did — and it was worse than what I did, they actually caused people to die — but they can't seem to do the same for me.""

No comments:

Post a Comment