Friday, February 05, 2021

Something Changed: Day 5

Word Count: 30,010

Summary of Events:
Luke's second visit to the Domino Group didn't involve any severe injuries like the first visit had, but it was still quite chaotic as first the kids played a confusing game of freeze tag mixed with guess who, before they played a host of games involving whipped topping that made everyone filthy. Having been unprepared for the whipped topping games, Luke had to borrow a towel later, as well as sit on his shirt — which he'd managed to keep clean — on the way home. The following day he went to hang out at Finn's house and told him all about it . . .

Excerpt of the Day:

“What was the game?” Finn asked.

“It was actually all games,” Luke replied. “The first game was a made-up game combining Guess Who with Freeze Tag.”

“How?” Finn asked.

“We each had a sticker with a celebrity’s name on it attached to our back by someone else,” Luke replied. “Keeley tried to launch my spine through me with the force he used to apply my sticker. Then an ‘it’ was chosen who chased everyone around, tagged them, and was the only one who could unfreeze them.”

“So ‘it’ froze and unfroze everybody?” Finn asked.

“Yes,” Luke replied.

“How does the Guess Who fit in?” Finn asked.

“People got unfrozen when the answered a question ‘it’ had about the person on ‘it’s back,” Luke replied. “When people got unfrozen they could also immediately tag ‘it’ to become ‘it’ themselves, and whoever figured out who they were got to remove the sticker from their back and play normally.”

“I don’t follow,” Finn said.

“It was really confusing,” Luke said. “I feel like it would’ve been better if the frozen people had to either answer a question about anybody’s person in order to get unfrozen, or got to have a question about their person answered in order to get unfrozen. Most kids were so confused they just removed their stickers or took off the shirt or sweater to which their sticker had been attached so that they could play the game normally.”

“That’s what I would’ve done,” Finn said.

“I did it too,” Luke said. “But I got tagged once before I did.”

“Who was ‘it’s person?” Finn asked.

“Nicki Minaj, but I didn’t know that until later,” Luke replied. “So when he asked me if his celebrity had shredded abs I said yes.”

Finn burst out laughing. “That is the craziest picture.”

“It’s not funny Finn,” Luke replied seriously.

Immediately Finn’s stopped laughing and his face fell. “Why isn’t it funny?”

“I didn’t know whose person was on his back, so I just guessed, and he tracked me down later and had a couple of his tough friends hold me while he spanked me because I gave him the wrong answer,” Luke replied.

“Oh,” Finn said. “I’m sorry.”

“And since he was a tough too, he didn’t spank me lightly,” Luke added.

“Seems a silly thing to get upset about,” Finn said.

“Unless he got laughed at when he found out he’d been thinking his celebrity was a guy only to discover it wasn’t,” Luke said.

“Yeah, I guess he’d probably feel like an idiot and not be all that grateful,” Finn said.

“The rest of the games last night had to do with whipped cream,” Luke said.

“Such as?” Finn asked.

“How many Cheetos-type puffballs can you stick on somebody’s whipped cream-covered face, making outfits for swimsuit-clad adults with whipped cream, and covering the leader in whipped cream,” Luke replied.

“Sounds messy,” Finn said.

No comments:

Post a Comment