Thursday, February 11, 2021

Something Changed: Day 10

Word Count: 60,037

Summary of Events:
For once the Domino Group actually did an event that Luke had done before, and wasn't really chaotic, destructive, or disturbing, as they went and played laser tag. One of the first rounds they did was made boys versus girls, and Luke, to his disappointment, ended up encountering Ella, whom he was very loathe to tag out, seeing how he liked her, although Ella told him that they had to do something just in case their respective teammates found out . . .

Excerpt of the Day:

“Do we just do a quick draw and fire then?” Luke asked.

“We could,” Ella replied. “Or, since the boys are losing, I could give you the kill.”

“But that wouldn’t be fair,” Luke said.

“Oh, it could be,” Ella said.

“What are you talking about?” Luke asked.

“I’d like something in return for giving you the pleasure of killing me,” Ella replied.

“It wouldn’t be a pleasure,” Luke said.

“For your team it would be, I’m sure,” Ella said. “As I’m confident that I’m the one who’s been doing the most killing on my team.”

“Do you do a lot of gaming to practise?” Luke asked.

“Not really,” Ella replied.

“Oh,” Luke said.

“But don’t you want to hear my offer before someone else comes on us and takes one of us out and even tells people we were just standing here chatting instead of fighting?” Ella asked.

“Sure,” Luke replied.

“If you kiss me on the lips,” Ella said. “I’ll let you kill me.”

Luke startled. “Seriously?”

“I’ve been wanting to know what your lips taste like for weeks,” Ella said. “And if I’m going to let myself lose to someone it’d better be for something big.”

Shifting his grip on his gun, Luke wished he had somewhere to holster it so that he could effectively clutch her with both arms, but he did his best and bent down to press his mouth against hers with the passion of exhilaration that her offer had generated within him.

She responded just as energetically as Luke could’ve hoped, and he wished they could’ve kissed for the rest of the night, but all too soon Ella started wiggling against his hold, showing a determination to get free of him.

Reluctantly Luke raised his lips from hers, basking in the lingering sensation of the contact.

“We should get a move on before we’re spotted,” Ella hissed.

“I’m glad I don’t want to be a spy someday,” Luke said. “I’d never be able to kill some girl gone rogue.”

Ella smiled and chuckled. “And at least you’re not literally killing me.”

Luke nodded.

“But you do need to get on with it, if you don’t mind,” Ella said.

With a reluctant sigh, Luke positioned his gun and fired, prompting the lights on Ella’s vest to go out, rendering her ‘dead’ for a minute or two, and netting Luke’s team valuable points that would help them to at least avoid being abjectly humiliated by the girls.

“Now you should get after it,” Ella said. “If you can lead your boys to a win, I might be willing to give you some reward of some sort.”

Luke immediately thought of another kiss and was filled with craving. Ella slipped past him silently and disappeared, leaving Luke to start seeking out girls in an effort to tag them out with his laser gun. If a win for the guys meant Ella would kiss him again — and hopefully a lot less limitedly than she had this time — Luke was resolved to get that win.

No comments:

Post a Comment