Wednesday, February 19, 2020

What Nobody Saw: Day 15

Word Total: 90,006

Year to Date: 180,013

Summary of Events:
While waiting for Frederick to get back to him again Walker spent another busy week at work, as well as helping with coaching a local kids baseball team that succeeded in opening their season without a loss in their first 10 games. One of Walker's fellow coaches on the team had promised the kids — as well as the coaching staff — ice cream should they achieve the feat, so, following the game, everyone set out for ice cream . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
       Walker decided he could wait until all the kids had gotten their ice cream before he placed his order, so he stayed outside as they all went in.
Zelene slid away from him and opened her purse, producing his cellphone, which was ringing; Walker took it and was, once again, quite pleasantly surprised to see that it was Frederick calling.
“Hello?” he answered.
“Hello Walker,” Frederick replied. “Sorry it took this long again, I was trying to get some details, as things are playing into our favour.”
“What do you mean?” Walker asked.
“Wanda’s heading to Ontario for the weekend, and I volunteered to take care of Mom so that she’s not on her own,” Frederick replied.
“Oh, um, this is kind of short notice,” Walker said.
“Oh, I’m sorry, not this weekend,” Frederick said. “It’s two weeks from now, the weekend after next, Victoria Day weekend.”
“Okay, I can handle that,” Walker said. “How long is she going to be in town?”
“Wanda’s flying down, so she’ll bring Mom on Friday sometime, I’m not sure when, and then she’s coming back on Monday evening I believe and taking Mom home with her then,” Frederick replied. “So there’s going to be two full days for sure.”
“Um, well, I’ll have to check my calendar to see what’s up and book things accordingly, my evenings are going to remain up in the air until a lot closer to the date, though, so I’d be looking for mornings or afternoons, to an extent, I’ll have to call you once I’ve looked at my calendar,” Walker replied.
“Okay,” Frederick said. “Although I do think evenings will work best.”
“Well you’d best make your arrangements with the Jets then,” Walker replied.
“The Winnipeg Jets?” Frederick asked.
“Yes,” Walker replied. “If they’re playing I’m not available because I’m either at or watching the game.”
“Oh,” Frederick said. “Well, I’ll pay a little more attention to them then.”
“But, yeah, I’ll get back to you as soon as I have a look at my calendar, thanks for getting back to me,” Walker said.
“You’re welcome,” Frederick replied. “Have a good day.”
“You too,” Walker replied.
He ended the call and pocketed his cellphone.
“So?” Zelene asked. “The meeting’s booked?”
“Jolene’s going to be in town Victoria long,” Walker replied. “So I just have to see when I’m free to meet with her.”
“Cool,” Zelene said. “I think we can probably go inside now.”
“Yeah, let’s go,” Walker said, opening the door for Zelene to go ahead of him.

Next Post: 29 February.

No comments:

Post a Comment