Friday, November 15, 2019

Transformation: Day 11

Word Count: 66,067

Summary of Events:
Ms. Carlyle stopped by the riding school to talk to Ian, who was a little irritated when she suggested she could get a job at the riding school and ended up telling her off harshly. Elianne went to her uncle's house to ask of she could keep Enya there and learned there was the possibility she might be moving all the way to where her maternal grandparents lived. Taylor finished his training for the day and was introduced by Whitney to Whitney's niece Irene, a fashion design student who was looking for models . . .

Excerpt of the Day:
Feeling a little self-conscious about changing clothes in front of a woman he’d just met, Taylor elected to go down to the washroom and change into the rather appealing outfit that fit him rather perfectly.
He carried his own clothes back upstairs — lest Yesenia accidentally throw them in the laundry or something — and immediately Irene was looking him over and shifting the fabric in various directions.
“May I ask why your name is Irene?” Taylor asked. “It seems a little . . . old, if you know what I mean.”
“It was my great-grandmum’s name,” Irene replied. “I went for a spell where I didn’t really like it and went by my middle name, but then I found out just how awesome of a woman my great-grandmum was, plus I ended up in a class where there were three other girls who had my middle name as their first name, so I switched back to eliminate confusion.”
“Oh,” Taylor said.
“Is there a special reason behind your name?” Irene asked.
“Not that I know of,” Taylor replied.
“How many times do you have your mobile set to remind you of a message?” Irene asked.
“I don’t think you can adjust it,” Taylor replied.
“Then why is it incessantly sounding?” Irene asked.
Taylor sighed and looked over at his clothes, inside of which his mobile was hiding in his pants pocket. “Because my relations are mad at me.”
“Oh?” Irene asked. “Why?”
“Because they want me to work at a bank and I don’t want to,” Taylor replied.
“Working in a bank would be deathly boring I think,” Irene said.
“And I second that heartily,” Taylor replied. “The thing is, I’m the only biological Creighton left.”
“What do you mean?” Irene asked.
“For, I think it’s six generations, or I would be the sixth generation, one of the two, a Creighton has worked at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia,” Taylor replied. “Typically it’s been the oldest male of each generation, although after my dad’s footballing career got cut short he joined the banking business too, even though he had a brother already working in it with my grandfather. My uncle, however, married a woman who is physically unable to bear children, thus, although they have a son, he isn’t biological because he was adopted, and since my grandfather had only two sons, that left my dad to produce an heir and I’m it.”
“So you’re expected to get work at the bank to continue the family tradition,” Irene said.
“Exactly,” Taylor replied. “Except that we’ve already established working in a bank as boring.”
“So you’d rather come here and ride horses,” Irene said.
“And they’re all up in arms about it,” Taylor replied. “I should’ve changed my mobile number on top of disappearing under the cover of dark, but I didn’t, so it’s my own fault.”
“Surely they’ll give up eventually,” Irene encouraged.
“Eventually can take a long time,” Taylor replied dismally.

No comments:

Post a Comment