Friday, March 30, 2018

Danger Recognised: Day 5

Word Count: 30,091

Summary of Events:
Alina got confirmation from Viceroy Báld that he would willingly swear blood fealty to her, and informed the other viceroys that she expected them to do the same mostly for ease of explanation before one of them took her aside to discuss his concerns. Back at home, Éoin ended up being caught up in a rather festive atmosphere when he announced that the Regency Laws had been abolished and were to be destroyed by fire.

Excerpt of the Day:
"Your Majesty," Viceroy Iést said quietly. "Her Majesty my sister Elizabeth has shared her concerns with me, concerns I do believe she's shared with you, that there is a threat to see Aifos conquered."
"She has Viceroy," Alina replied.
"I urge you to take care regarding Viceroy Báld," Viceroy Iést said. "He may only be pretending to be obeisant to you, and I fear your life could be endangered by letting him out and forgiving him so easily. You should have him vetted first."
"I know he could be a deceiver," Alina replied. "It is his nature, but I believe that I may be safer with him released. He knows that next time he should cross me as he has he will be back in the dungeons and will not be departing them alive. Unless he's ready to make any moves of overthrowing me, I doubt he will do any sort of foolhardy things such as he has done in these days since my coronation."
"Do not leave yourself unguarded for a moment once he is released Your Majesty," Viceroy Iést said. "You are taking this actions with a great risk I would advise against."
"Would it not be of greater risk to leave him imprisoned?" Alina asked. "For then assuredly his associates would try and break him out of the prison and might even be willing to kill me to accelerate their plan. If I let him out I believe I would be safer."
"Viceroy Báld has already made an attempt on your life," Viceroy Iést replied.
"I cannot say that I believe it as a result of any plan," Alina said. "I was upset at him, and he was become frustrated with me as I've been with him since that time.
"I would not advise you to take such risks as these," Viceroy Iést said.
"But I trust that you would defend me with your life," Alina said. "There are more Viceroys in allegiance to me than not, I do not think I truly have to be frightened of anything Viceroy. If all of you should prove so untrustworthy as to not defend me, then I will show concern."
Viceroy Iést sighed. "We are, the lot of us, rather old. We've, many of us, seen parts of the reigns of three monarchs now."
"Your services to your people and your country are no less honourable," Alina said.
"That is true Your Majesty," Viceroy Iést said.
"And I do believe all of your titles are guaranteed to be inherited by a son," Alina said.
"Also true Your Majesty," Viceroy Iést said.
"Then I see no sense in your fear Viceroy," Alina said. "I have great appreciation for your wisdom and also for your loyalty. I should hope, thus, that my lack of fear is built on a solid foundation of faithful men who have served my father, if not also my grandfather."

Pronunciation:
Iést: eeehst

No comments:

Post a Comment