Saturday, June 13, 2015

Astounding Discovery: Day 12

Word Count: 72,004

Summary of Events:
Chapter 23:
Adaire told the boys of Laoísmellyk more about Beldonersteinois culture and traditions, much to their great interest. Saoirse and her mother discussed what to do about Sgémoíse giving her tartan and telling her of his intent to marry her in a year.
Chapter 24:
Adaire explored some more and saw the largest herd of deer he'd ever seen in his life and talked with one of the boys, who showed him the sword dance. Saoirse helped with preserving the garden's harvest and talked with her sister.

Excerpt of the Day:
"Carefully Saoirse turned the dipper and poured the brine into the jar around the carrots, stopping once the brine covered the last of the carrots. Meíre held the hot jar while Íorwen twisted the lid into place.
Meíre then brought up the next jar and Saoirse carefully filled it with brine, repeating the process until there was hardly any brine left in the pot. Meíre then helped Saoirse measure more of the brine ingredients and Saoirse started cooking them while Meíre went off to help Íorwen, Ealdyn, and Heíghenn stuff carrots into the jars.
"So Peádraígh told me apparently Sgémoíse has given you tartan," Bryoíghnea said.
Saoirse nodded.
"And he intends to marry you in a year," Bryoíghnea said.
Saoirse nodded again.
"What are you going to do?" Bryoíghnea asked.
"I don't know," Saoirse replied. "But I have a year to find someone else."
"Peádraígh told me Peíre talked to Sgémoíse," Bryoíghnea said.
"I doubt that will really stop him," Saoirse said. "The only thing that will stop him is if I marry someone else before he gets to me."
Bryoíghnea was silent, stirring the cucumber brine over the fire, she gazed into it with contemplation. "I guess that is true, being as tradition hasn't even stopped him."
Saoirse nodded. "But I still don't know who I'm going to marry."
"Maybe you're supposed to marry Sgémoíse," Bryoíghnea said.
"No," Saoirse replied. "I'm not convinced it's him."
"Well you still have a year to wait and see," Bryoíghnea said.
"But over these past few months I've really started to get a stronger feeling against potentially marrying Sgémoíse and more for marrying Gíwllyn, although I'm not eve sure about him either, he seems so worrisome, and it worries me a bit too," Saoirse said. "Honestly, I'm not even fully convinced that I've even met who I'm supposed to mary. I have no idea."
"God knows Saoirse," Bryoíghnea said.
"I know," Saoirse replied. "But the way things are going, I think it's getting to be a good time for Him to tell me."
"Have faith Saoirse," Bryoíghnea said.
"I'm trying to," Saoirse said. "But it's hard."
"Of course it is, it more often is than not," Bryoíghnea said.
Saoirse sighed."

Meíre: myruh
Ealdyn: aledin
Heíghenn: high'gehn
Peíre: pyruh

No comments:

Post a Comment