Thursday, October 02, 2014

Finding Honour: Day 2

Word Count: 13,333

Summary of Events:
Chapter 3:
Mr. and Mrs. Pavelick, an elderly couple, offered Borden a place to stay instead of his car, which he accepted quite appreciatively. Eira, being as she was rather bored and tired of thinking about the fact that her brother was dead, decided to keep her singing muscles fit and sang a choral lament she'd learned in school.
Chapter 4:
Honour went out to find Borden and visit with him, but encountered a strange man who made her get into his SUV. The man then went and visited the woman who had called the Frankes to punish her for having called the Frankes. Borden woke up in need of the bathroom and discovered activity was going on at the ugly trailer across the way and watched a man carry a mummy sleeping bag out of the house, and then some other stuff and was puzzled. Ryan and Christine — Honour's foster parents — discussed whether they should call the police and Christine confessed that she suspected Honour might've gone looking for Borden which stunned Ryan. Honour then woke up and 1:25 in the morning and overheard her captor talking on the phone with someone and using a lot of puzzling terms.

Excerpt of the Day:
"He smiled at her, but the smile looked like a smile a bad guy would do. He was wearing a t-shirt with some sort of logo on it and plain jeans that looked like they needed to be washed. His arms were all covered in those weird marking things that made Honour's skin crawl.
"Hello there," he said in a voice that sounded actually a little nice. "Is your name Honour Sorken?"
Honour was surprised that he would know her name, and even though she wanted to say no she knew that lying was wrong and answered: "Yes."
The man squatted down to be about the same height as her. "I would like it very much if you'd come for a ride in my jeep with me," he said.
"I'm sorry," Honour said. "But I'm trying to find someone, and I don't think he's far enough away that I need a ride."
"I'll give you some candy if you do," he said.
"I have a snack in my backpack already," Honour said.
"Oh please Honour," he said. "I have some people I really want you to meet, and they've been waiting to meet you for a very long time."
"Like who?" Honour asked.
"Your parents," he replied.
"If they want to meet me then they can come all by themselves and find me," Honour said.
"Oh but they can't, they're very busy you know," he said.
"If they really want to meet me they can come all by themselves and do it, I don't need you tot take me to them," Honour replied, rather defiantly.
"They sent me to get you," he said.
"Well then who didn't you stop at Ryan and Christine's house and tell them?" Honour asked. "Ryan and Christine wouldn't be happy about this."
"No, of course not, but I'll go to Ryan and Christine if you'll come with me," he said.
"I'll walk," Honour said.
"Come, please," he said.
"No," Honour replied.
She watched his face begin to harden and his smile really fade. He reached out and grabbed her arm hard and tight. It hurt.
"You're going to come with me in my jeep," he said. "Or I'm going to hurt you."
"God's bigger than you are," Honour replied defiantly. "He'll beat you up."
The smile, although looking really bad, came back, and he chuckled in a bad way.
"There is no God," he said. "You'll believe anything."
"God's bigger than you are, and He'll beat you up," Honour repeated sharply.
"Well then you'd think He'd be wailing on me already," he said. "Or is He going to wail on me once you're in the jeep?"
"Why would He cry on you?" Honour asked.
"I don't mean wailing as in crying, I mean wailing as in punching lots, fast, and hard," he replied.
"Well God doesn't always do things the same as people," Honour said. "But He's going to beat you up."
"I'd like to see Him try," he said."

No comments:

Post a Comment